BEIJING – China’s Sinopec Group said on Tuesday that it will acquire a third of five shale oil and gas assets in the United States from Devon Energy Corp for US$2.2-billion.
Sinopec International Petroleum Exploration & Production Corp (SIPC), a unit of Sinopec Group, will pay 30% in cash and the remaining 70% in carry, and expects to complete the whole payment by the end of 2014.
© Thomson Reuters 2011
The failure of 'Homo Economist'.
The failure of 'Homo Economist' When Pope Francis denounced “libertarian individualism” last year, few people coul...
Monetary Hierarchy, Independence, And Shaming Greenspan Yet Again.
In June 2003, while discussing the vote that would take the federal funds rate to its then-lowest point, 1%, Alan Gre...
World’s cartoonists on this week’s events.
Drawing the top stories around the globe. First published in The New York Times, U.S., September 15, 2018 | By Chappa...